"The crickets felt it was their duty to warn everybody that summertime cannot last for ever. Even on the most beautiful days in the whole year – the days when summer is changing into autumn – the crickets spread the rumor of sadness and change."
―E.B. White, Charlotte's Web
This week is all about MAKING and I am excited to share 5 new tutorials with you AND a chance everyday to WIN a Maker's Kit to make your own at the bottom of the post! Today we start with an easy project -- lip balm. GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED
This is Makers Week here at the Nest and I have partnered with Maker's Kit
to bring you these fun ideas and a chance to WIN every single craft you see this week! GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED
*When you buy a Maker's Kit, ALL the supplies you need in the exact amounts you need are included. You WILL be paying more than if you buy the ingredients in bulk, but if this is your first foray into lip balm-making, a kit is a fun and easy was to initiate yourself!
1. Start by melting the solid base of oils. You can melt directly in the cup (no more than 30 seconds in the microwave)
or turn upside down in a bowl and melt so that the oils decant into the bowl. If needed, heat an additional 15 seconds.
2. Add mango papaya oil to the oils or add in your own choice of essential oils (10-15 drops).
3. Add stevia packet to the oil mixture and stir thoroughly with stir stick.
4. Use pipette by squeezing the bulb, releasing and allowing the balm to come up into the pipette.
5. Squeeze to decant into various lip balm containers.
6. I had more than enough lip balm for the four containers in the kit, so I made a fifth in the concave side of a seashell!
Want to WIN the full lip balm kit? You can!
Enter the giveaway below for your chance to win one of the FIVE Maker's Kits I am featuring this week! GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED