Mommy Summer Camp :: Cloud Week
Cloud Week Ideas:
- Make Giant Clouds! (We made these for our little girl's nursery and one for the boys' room! FULL TUTORIAL HERE!)
- Make 3D clouds from this silhouette cut file (It costs 75 cents)
- If you are using a silhouette machine, you might want to check out the rest of these cloud cutouts - there are lots!
- Cloud painting with blue bubbles and butcher paper (this worked great for 3/4 year olds and 10 year olds. Not so much the ages in between where they wanted independence, but were clumsy.)
- Cloud Dough is FUN and FABULOUS! The Nest for All Seasons Recipe HERE!
- Ivory Soap Clouds - Fun with the microwave! Instructions HERE
- This Water Cycle Kit is expensive, but really cool for a large homeschooling group or camp
- This Rainforest Cloud Science Kit is better (cheaper!) for a small group
- Set up an art station outdoors and have kiddos identify and draw various kind of clouds (we used blue chalk on butcher paper)
- Let the kids loose with paper, glue, scissors, string and cloud stencils or cutouts (I used the leftovers from our silhouette files). They will get creative and come up with cool moving cloud art :)
- The Cloud Book by Tomie de Paola (FABULOUS informative book for younger kids)
- STARS by Mary Lyn Ray and Marla Frazee
- The library also had a HOST of non-fiction cloud books -- no standouts -- they are pretty much the same!
- We also branched out into more stars, sky, planes and weather books and searched for different types of clouds, etc.