Mulled Apple Cider for Frosty Fall Mornings
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 large container apple juice
whole mulling spices , approximately 2 T (cinnamon, allspice, cloves)
- Pour the entire large (96oz) jug of apple juice in the coffee urn. Place the straining basket in the top of the percolator.
- Thinly slice the citrus. Place the citrus, brown sugar, and whole spices in the top basket.
- Put on the lid, plug in the percolator, and fifteen or so minutes later, you'll have absolutely amazing apple cider ready to serve.
- The fresh citrus adds a bright note, the spices complexity, the brown sugar and apple juice an enticing sweetness.
- It's the *perfect* cold weather drink.
- It's a good thing this recipe makes a lot of cider, because everyone within sniffing distance will want some. And seconds. Enjoy!