DIY Coconut Oil Lotion
Let's start at the beginning though, shall we?
Scented Creamy Oil Mixture:
- Day at the Beach Scent
- Olive Oil (check your pantry!)
- Coconut Oil (Costco carries a big tub or you can find it from Amazon RIGHT HERE)
- Mixer (Stand or Handheld)
- Small Quilted Jars with Lids
- Baker's Twine
- White muslin, burlap, scrap cloth, etc
- Cute little life preservers (It is the BEACH!)
Add the oil to the mixing bowl with about 1/2 a cup of olive oil and 15-20 drops of your fragrance oil. Start the mixture off on the lowest setting, otherwise the liquid oil will go EVERYWHERE. You want to incorporate a lot of air into the oil, so as soon as the oils have mixed and start to cool, go ahead and crank up the speed a few notches. Keep it whipping until it looks like this:
UPDATE: Some people have had problems getting the mixture to harden up, particularly in the summer when room temperatures are warmer.
The key is to COOL the coconut oil down if it is too liquid and to use a smaller amount of olive oil (less than 1/4 cup) or more coconut oil (up to 3 cups).
Once creamy, you will want to carefully ladle the mixture into your little jelly jars.
Aren't they cute? They come 2 to a pack and the pack is under $1.50.