BOAT WEEK Wrapup this week at Mommy Camp!
Boat Week Ideas:
- Make Pirate Ships (We use these cheap wood model kits and foamie kits)
- Need a cheaper option? This tutorial for handmade boats is fabulous!
- Even cheaper? ICE BOATS!
- Make floating IVORY SOAP BOATS
- Break out the Jamestown Figurines and talk about the trip across the ocean in a......BOAT!
- Act out various stories of Jamestown, pirates, sailors, fisherman
- Create a handsewn fishing game like THIS ONE.
- Need an easier option? Paper Clips and Paper Fish work just as well!
- Bust a giant cardboard box out of a dumpster, an old sheet out of the closet and build a lifesized boat!
- Head to the library for boat books! Busy Boats and The Kids Book of Fishing and Tackle Box are good! (PSST -- That last book has a bunch of used copies for 1 cent with $3.99 shipping on amazon. The link above takes you to Amazon if you want one of your own)
- GO FISHING!
- Check out the dollar store for boat/fishing coloring books, sketch prints like THIS and these fun velvet prints. (I don't get the appeal either, but my boys LOVE those velvet prints!)
- Gather up the dining room chairs, an old sheet and make a pretend boat. Get the kids to write their own play about what happens to them in the boat.
- Have musical instruments? You would be surprised how quickly kids can write a song about BOATS!
- Still need more ideas? This little sailor birthday party has bunches including cute little orange boats (actually made of orange slices!)