DIY Deck Reveal -- Before and After
The next sad looking section of the porch was another hard working corner -- the grill and garden supply corner. We do have a shed for garden supplies, but it is at the back of the property and I need a small amount of tools and such right outside the back door.
The problem?The whole place looked like a mulch monster spit up on it.
- PAINT (more of it!)
- a new organizational system (That's a vintage metal BREADBOX y'all!)
- a good grill cleaning and garden supply sorting
- Pretty details like the pennant banner (tutorials to come!)
Then there is THIS expanse of concrete. Without the benefit of those diagonal wood planks to add at least a wee little bit of distraction from the sad looking paint and disorganized seating -- it just looked trashy by year three of kiddo abuse and adult neglect.
|Picnic Tables from Lowes|
|Flags from ConsumerCrafts.com|
|Kids Seating from Lowes, Placemats from Biglots|
MORE coming soon from the deck makeover:
- Porch and Deck Landscaping for the DIY budgeted black thumbs
- Simple Tutorial for the Outdoor Shoe Boxes
- Pennant Banner Tutorial
- More on that Vintage Metal Breadbox
- Creating Views from each of the (count-em-up!) FIVE windows along the porch and deck walls