"THE DECK" has always been on our list of "to-dos". When we moved into the house, the white trellis was covered in algae and rust, the paint job on the deck and banisters was peeling and furnishings were dismal to say the least. As year after year passed, we made small little improvements, but the deck was still a sort-of embarrassing place in our home. Now? It just makes me say AHHHHHHHHH...
The next sad looking section of the porch was another hard working corner -- the grill and garden supply corner. We do have a shed for garden supplies, but it is at the back of the property and I need a small amount of tools and such right outside the back door.
The problem?The whole place looked like a mulch monster spit up on it.
- PAINT (more of it!)
- a new organizational system (That's a vintage metal BREADBOX y'all!)
- a good grill cleaning and garden supply sorting
- Pretty details like the pennant banner (tutorials to come!)
Then there is THIS expanse of concrete. Without the benefit of those diagonal wood planks to add at least a wee little bit of distraction from the sad looking paint and disorganized seating -- it just looked trashy by year three of kiddo abuse and adult neglect.
|Picnic Tables from Lowes|
|Flags from ConsumerCrafts.com|
|Kids Seating from Lowes, Placemats from Biglots|
MORE coming soon from the deck makeover:
- Porch and Deck Landscaping for the DIY budgeted black thumbs
- Simple Tutorial for the Outdoor Shoe Boxes
- Pennant Banner Tutorial
- More on that Vintage Metal Breadbox
- Creating Views from each of the (count-em-up!) FIVE windows along the porch and deck walls