Paper lanterns are cheap beautiful -- a win-win in my book! In fact, you would be hard pressed to find a decorative element that can make as much of an impact for as cheap a price. Oops paint maybe? New curtains out of tablecloths? Maybe. ...but I am on the paper lantern train and it would take a lot to get me off! Join me today as I show you how to utilize these inexpensive design tools as a magical wall treatment!
- Paper Lanterns (I used the White Eyelet Lanterns and a variety of 12 in and 8 in white lanterns)
- Fishing Line or Clear Thread
- Clear Pushpins
- LED Tea Lights
1. Very carefully and gently open the paper lanterns and stretch with the included metal insert. Be careful! I broke several. The eyelet lanterns are particularly fragile.
2. Work with a partner to determine heights and groupings of the lanterns before hanging. Odd number groupings work best.
3. Tie fishing line to the top metal hook of the lantern.
Simply slide a single tea light into the bottom of the lantern and let it rest on the metal framework.