A Nest for All Seasons A Nest for All Seasons: What is a Floral Frog?

All content on this site is my sole creative property and may not be reproduced. If you would like to feature, pin or otherwise refer to content of mine, thank you! Please clearly link back to 'A Nest for All Seasons' and only use up to two photographs. To purchase content, please e-mail me for rates and restrictions. Posts may contain affiliate links for trusted products. I receive a small percentage of sales when you purchase from these sites. Buttons courtesy of SOURCE

22 September 2011

What is a Floral Frog?

Pin It

I have always kind of been on the lookout for floral frogs....you know the metal kind that Martha Stewart was showing off in her "good things" section to hold letters and postcards, etc. etc.  Well, I never found one, but I was happy to stumble upon a glass floral frog.  I really didn't realize they came in glass, but I think it is quite pretty, don't you?  It's true use is to place it in the bottom of a vase and stick the flower stems into the holes to keep them stable.  I assume the glass frogs are for glass vases and the metal frogs are for opaque vases??

Anyhow, I just kinda love it as is and will use it (maybe) for floral arrangements, but I'm kind of thinking it would be prettier holding a bunch of paintbrushes, or pens.  What do you think?

Have you found anything fun lately?  Please share!


Laura Thursday, September 22, 2011  

my sister and I just sold like 4 metal frogs at our estate sale. I didn't know what they were until the woman bought them! All I knew is if you picked them up wrong it hurt.

SocialStudiesSoubrette Thursday, September 22, 2011  

Those are pretty! Never heard of them before but I can see where they would be super useful.

allenaim photography and design Friday, September 23, 2011  

Laura you crack me up :)

They ARE totally useful! :)

LisaWeidknecht Thursday, September 29, 2011  

Oh cool. Never saw one before. Looks handy though!

Anonymous Tuesday, August 21, 2012  

I found a flower frog made in england and the top has 20 holes but they don't go all the way threw, I thought that was weird?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...