Baby gets an update...
I consider this room a design on a severe budget because I literally did not spend a dime on it this time around. Of course, I already had the furniture, leftover paint (from previous homeowners that happened to match the print actually), the sheets and printed material, etc, etc. All I really did was come up with a way to tie the room together with the items I had using artwork on the walls and a few things from here and there around the house. Oh and I did pay for that burlap corkboard...maybe 45 cents?
Do you see those 3 little curtains there? That is the print from target's Dwellstudio that I am so in love with. I love the stark outline of the animals against the white and the little white eyes :) I bought all of the Dwell items on 75% clearance, so these curtains started out as one single regular sized curtain panel instead of a pair. They only had one, so I cut it up to make a valence and cafe curtains. Easy, easy sewing and could be completed with iron on hem tape if you do not sew.
The next step to creating a unique space for bebe was painting out a few animals based loosely on the print. Yes, that sheep started out as a cloud. Well, actually the cloud started out as another turtle, but he had a weird shaped head, so I gave him some more curves to create a cloud, which then looked like a sheep, so I gave the sheep a pointed nose and a couple feet...it works...trust me. My test is whether or not my 5 year old and 3 year old can guess what animals are on the wall. They did so without hesitation, so sheep it is!