A Nest for All Seasons A Nest for All Seasons: It's a stool?!?

All content on this site is my sole creative property and may not be reproduced. If you would like to feature, pin or otherwise refer to content of mine, thank you! Please clearly link back to 'A Nest for All Seasons' and only use up to two photographs. To purchase content, please e-mail me for rates and restrictions. Posts may contain affiliate links for trusted products. I receive a small percentage of sales when you purchase from these sites. Buttons courtesy of SOURCE

21 February 2011

It's a stool?!?

Pin It

Does anyone actually know what this is supposed to be?!?  I found it for $2.99 and pounced on it because I saw a perfect solution to my kids dragging chairs into the kitchen constantly to see what I am cooking.  This little stool fits in perfectly in a small nook in the kitchen and is the perfect height for the kiddos.  No idea what it is actually supposed to be used for...but a quick coat of paint freshened it up and made it custom fit for our UPDATED KITCHEN.



See how easy it is to carry it around the kitchen?  
Much better than bending over to shove little baby chairs around...


Amy @ Increasingly Domestic Monday, February 21, 2011  

I have never seen anything like that before, but yes, I would call it a stool. Strange and awesome...I love the color you painted it. I love an Amy who is not afraid of color.

Charlotte | Life's a Charm! Monday, February 21, 2011  

It looks funny, but it must actually be a stool. And you're right, the hole at the handle is perfectly so functional! Great find!

Shannon Monday, February 21, 2011  

I don't know what it is, but it looks like a perfect little stool-- it even has that cute little finger hole to help carry it :)

Reginia Tuesday, February 22, 2011  

It's an old Library Stool!
I have one that was my Great-Grand Mothers. She was a Librarian and it was an easy way to help her reach the taller shelves.

Soo cute!

Grace Tuesday, February 22, 2011  

I've seen lots of these (because I'm old) and they are stools. They are mostly used in the kitchen where you just need a step up to reach something.
Love the new look.

CndyLou Friday, February 25, 2011  

I always thought they were called "pouting stools," sort of like an old-fashioned time-out chair.

Miss Kitty Thursday, August 04, 2011  

I saw your post over at "Tripped Up" blog party. That is a cute little item. I love the comment that said it was a "pouting stool" ...I think I need one of those for myself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...