"The crickets felt it was their duty to warn everybody that summertime cannot last for ever. Even on the most beautiful days in the whole year – the days when summer is changing into autumn – the crickets spread the rumor of sadness and change."
―E.B. White, Charlotte's Web
I don't really do resolutions. I tend to fail and then feel bad and fail some more. I do however do very well with lists and goals. I make them every night (I think this is another similarity in the world of introverted bloggy mommies). By the way, bloggy mommies...has anyone ever considered that the reason we blog online is to have one space we design and decorate that stays exactly the way we want it to?? No dirty hand prints on anything if we don't want the there right? Anyway...bring on the list...
1. The FIRST of 52 is completed....now it is just 51 more days in a documentary challenge of our lives.
2. Grow lots and lots of roses and peonies!
3. Make a chicken coop.
4. Buy chickens to go in said coop. Eat the eggs.
5. Keep working on hubby about the puppy issue. Don't give up!
6. Don't get pregnant. Get a puppy. (How's that for a bumper sticker?)
7. Do an art project once a week. (with kids or without)
8. Keep up with the boys' journals. (I've actually done well so far...just a reminder to keep going :)
9. Shoot no more or less than 12 weddings and 30 other shoots.
10. Make enough in my business to cover the weekly grocery budget and school tuition.
11. Try all the recipes in Mad Hungry and JP and C (but eat little bites!) 12. Learn to use that knitting needle collection.
13. THE DRESS
Those are the bloggish goals. These are the more important ones...
1. Invest in the boys (3/100 steps)
2. Invest in my marriage (1/100 steps)
3. Invest in my relationship with God (0/100)
4. Send random gifts to old friends (0/5)
5. Pay for people behind me in line (0/5)
These are the transferable goals...those that may get passed on to 2012 without guilt :)
1. Get a puppy
2. Have a blog feature
3. Buy a piano
4. Play something class A again
5. Write something
6. Learn to play chess
7. Visit Italy or France or anywhere else lovely
8. Penelope Pear
...if you thought I was kidding about the list...I kid you not. This is the winter "project list".